Thought Leadership Webinars
The OSPAs, Perpetuity Research and TECAs run a series of free Thought Leadership webinars to address current security issues following the coronavirus pandemic.
A number of world-renowned speakers come together to debate issues affecting the security industry in a series of sessions. Registration links for future sessions can be found below.
Upcoming Webinars and Events
Thursday 9th February at 15:30 GMT
Whistleblowing: what are the benefits and the dangers for the whistle-blower?
There are well rehearsed benefits of whistleblowing. For the organisation is not least the opportunity to learn about risks that might otherwise not be identified, and being seen to be following good corporate governance. But what about for the whistle-blower? How can and do organisations prevent victimisation and detriment? How common are these? Once reported, how does an organisation balance a need to protect the whistle-blower against the need to fully investigate incidents? Can whistleblowing be an expensive waste of time that merely encourages staff grievances? Or does it provide an essential crime prevention service?
This webinar will discuss:
• The benefits and limitations of whistleblowing
• The potential implications for whistle-blowers, what happens if they are victimised?
• The future of whistleblowing as a risk management strategy
• Andrew Pepper-Parsons – Head of Policy, Protect
• David Lewis – Professor of Employment Law, Middlesex University London
• Wayne Duvenage – CEO, OUTA