- Who can enter the OSPAs?
- How do I enter?
- Where can I find the criteria for each category?
- Can I, or my company, enter more than one category?
- Do entries have to be anonymous?
- Can I attach extra material to my entry?
- I entered but did not receive a confirmation email. What should I do?
- How much does it cost to enter?
- When will I find out if I have won?
- I entered but want to change my entry, what shall I do?
- Can a Sponsor enter the category they sponsor?
- I work for the company that Sponsors a category I want to enter (individually or as a team); can I enter this category?
- I/we want to enter the Outstanding Security Partnership category, but the company that we partner with sponsors this Category. Can we still enter?
- Can a Sponsor enter a category that they haven’t sponsored?
- Can I enter a category if the Sponsor of this category encourages me to do so?
- I am a member of a supporting Association, can I still enter the OSPAs?
- I am part of the board of a supporting Association, can I still enter?
- I work for the same company as one of the nominated judges; can I still enter?
- I work for a rival company as one of the nominated judges; will this judge mark my entry?
- If I enter, do I have to attend?
- I have paid to attend the event, as I am a finalist. However, I cannot attend anymore, can a representative attend on my behalf?
Any questions that are not answered in our FAQ please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to respond to any queries you may have.
Anyone working in the security sector of a country with an OSPAs scheme can enter (unless you sponsor the category – see below). You don’t have to be a member of an organisation or association to do so. The main criterion for entry is that you can show that you, your team or your company have performed at an exceptional level. You are permitted to enter more than one award category.
When entries are open, you will be able to enter via the entry form on the ‘Enter page’ of each country website. You will receive an email to confirm your entry.
The criteria can be found on the ‘Enter’ page of each country website under each category description and questions. The criteria will be found under the heading ‘The Judges will be looking for evidence of outstanding performance in:’
Yes, as long as the entry requirements are met – evidence presented in each award category needs to show outstanding performance in that category.
No, not anymore. Our experience has led us to let the judges see the entry in full so that they can help ensure that no OSPA is awarded to anyone disreputable. That stated, please be assured that judges will mark the entry based only on the information that has been provided. By limiting the entry to short text based answers the OSPAs aims to create a level playing field where small and large companies can compete fairly. All our judges have to agree an ethics policy before they are selected and they all mark independently of each other.
No, judges will only mark according to the text-based answers given in the entry form. However, in certain circumstances entries must be prepared to provide extra evidence or provide reasonable support for any points raised or answers to any queries that may arise from the judging.
Contact us at email@example.com
With the exception of Australian and the USA, it is free to enter. The only cost is attending the event – prices on the ‘Attend page’. If you are a finalist, we expect that yourself or a representative attend the night in order to collect your trophy if you win and a certificate.
On the night itself – only the finalists are announced prior to the event.
No entries can be altered once you have entered
No, category sponsors cannot enter the category they sponsor.
No, even if you want to enter as an individual or a team, if you work for the company that sponsors that category, you cannot enter.
No, even if you are entering the category for yourself/your company, if your partnership involves the Sponsor of this category you cannot enter.
Yes, they can enter every category EXCEPT the one that they sponsor.
Yes, as long as you do not work for the Sponsor company
Yes, only sponsors are not permitted to enter their sponsored category
This is discouraged.
Yes, as noted the judges have to adhere to a strict judging ethics code. If they know the entry well or have ties with the entry, they are required to state this and not mark the entry.
No, as stated above, if the judge knows the entry well or has ties with the entry (even as a rival), they are required to state this and not mark the entry.
No, it is not obligatory to attend if you enter. However, if you were a finalist we would expect you, or a representative, to attend to collect your OSPA trophy if you win. Nevertheless, even if you are not a finalist the night itself will be a great networking opportunity and attended by well-known individuals within the security industry. Depending on which event your are attending, most of our award nights will include pre event drinks at the bar, a 3-course meal, award giving and entertainment on the night.
Yes, we would expect someone to receive the award on behalf of yourself or your company. If this is the case, make sure to inform us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name and contact details of the representative.